Born @ 27 weeks
2lbs 7oz

Monday, May 7, 2012


We decided to take Shaw to the Pediatrician yesterday (Sunday) to access his 02 saturation and get an extra opinion. After spending almost an hour going through Shaw's medical history (after waiting 2 additional hours to be seen). The Pediatrician ultimately said it was up to us.... We could admit Shaw to the hospital or continue to watch him. It is a surreal experience as a Mom to have the dr say, "I'm not comfortable with this, but if you are, you know your son best". (we put so much weight and emphasis on what doctors tell us that it is scary when they are perplexed with your case and leave decisions up to you. You just pray as a Parent you're making the best decisions for your child).

After a quiet evening, Shaw went to bed, resting peacefully. His breathing woke me up around 1:30am. Still no improvement. Our concern now is he HAS to be getting tired.

Michael and Shaw left for the ER around 5am. We are hoping/PRAYING we can give Shaw some comfort without causing more trauma. Our little guy has been through so much in his short lifetime.

Thank you for continued prayers.


Dory Wiley said...

We will be praying!


TXgrl12 said...

What a tough little guy! I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Kelly Kane said...

Brave Boy Shaw is always in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo

Mandy said...

Oh Sweet Baby are in my prayers!