Born @ 27 weeks
2lbs 7oz

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers

I have always heard you will truly appreciate your mother, once you become one.

The tables actually turn from causing the worry to becoming the worry-er. The unconditional love is reciprocated more so than ever before as your heart melts with a simple smile from your child (or in my case today when Nash grabbed my cheeks with both hands and randomly said, "Momma, I love your face.") It's those moments your heart wants to explode and you look at your own mother differently, knowing you gave her so many of the same.

It is the respect we have for our mothers, after cleaning up throw up in the middle of the night, going days/months/longer without sleep or wiping up the blow outs more times than you will ever be able to count. You realize that most choices that your Mom made had you in mind and you begin to truly appreciate her sacrifices.

I was blessed to be with my baby boys (and one big boy) this Mother's Day. It was the first Mother's Day we have all been together and the gratitude I felt all day bubbled over. What a lifetime we have lived in just over a year. We tread so lightly, knowing our lives can change in a moment, but days like today are more precious than words. The best I can do each night is whisper in our boys ears how lucky I am to be their Momma and how the world awaits them.

I also was blessed to be with my own mother and grandmother. Four generations of life's lessons and learning from each other's mistakes. Loving unconditionally and respecting our choices. Teaching and listening. Loving and growing. What a wonderful Mother's Day.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) mothers day to one of the most beautiful mothers I know....

With Love,
Andrea

Nik, Lindsay and Pierce Franks said...

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You look beautiful with your boys :)