Born @ 27 weeks
2lbs 7oz

Friday, August 17, 2012

My Second Life

I vividly remember Mike Botte and I moving over from working at the Discovery Channel to Discovery Education and learning about Avatars and Second Life for the first time. I remember it being really fascinating (and freaky) but mostly just really hard for me to understand how people found time for this sub culture.

That said, there is an entire underground world of Mommy bloggers. I have become one of them and now relish the knowledge i find from this tight knit community that I had no idea existed a year ago.

I have embraced this world - tried to teach myself about grab buttons and widgets and html codes. All of it makes my head spin... Nevertheless, I feel this calling and continue. (But had you told me my fate 3 years ago, I would have laughed at you).

Needless to say, I was honored to be invited to be a guest blogger on a site I follow regularly, "Life with Jack". Sweet preemie Jack from Montana was also born prematurely and shares many of the same struggles. His Mom is very well spoken and paves the way for Moms like myself, with her eloquence and experience.

Check out her blog and our guest post here.

In other news, we are wrapping up our last week in HHI and revisiting all of our favorites spots...

Beach walk giggles
Sunsets & shrimp boats
Quick visit with Gracie and William, while in Charlotte (Clearly Nash is smitten)
Bluffon Farmer's Market - a must
Downtown Bluffton

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are wrapping up an amazing summer! So sorry Jason and I were not able to make it to HH to see you....we were really disappointed:( It looks like you had lots of visitors and were surrounded with lots of love.

You posted a while back that you believe the ocean to be healing to your soul~ hoping you were able to soak up every last healing breeze, take time for deep breaths of ocean air, and allow the waves to wash away the past~ leaving you fresh and new as you continue your journey as one of the best Moms I have the honor of knowing.

We are looking forward to seeing you when you return to Charlotte ~oh and on billboards!!! How cool is that?!?
Lots of Love,
Andrea